Yep. We did it. We drove to Ohio and back. It was long. We survived. And let me tell you, friends, it was worth it!!! We had a blast and the boys most definitely had a blast. Carl and I even scored tickets to the Buckeye/Hawkeye showdown. (Thanks, Uncle Mark!)
Best part of the drive: when all the boys slept at the same time...oh wait...that didn't happen!?!? Just joking, then. Honestly, though, they were easy and we made it in 8 hours. Not bad at all. Carter was great about telling us when he had to potty and he didn't have any accidents (oh, except when playing at the water table at the children's museum. ugh.) I forgot my camera so no proof.
Anyhoo, here are pictures from Game Day. It seems this was the ONLY day I bothered to take any pictures at all, so I hope ya like them. Also, they're out of order. Sorry.
Carter and Blair before the game. Not sure where Emma was...probably accessorizing her outfit! (Blair's not really related to us, but in our hearts, she TOTALLY is!)

Matt and I as the fans rushed the field after the overtime victory!!!

I mean, WOW!

The victory bell was ringing as we left the stadium!!!

My boys attended their first tailgate. Ah, a great milestone!

Tristan: "How does this piece of crap open!?!?"

Laura's BFF Katie giving Carter a "pound" and also "blowin' it up." It took her, like, 5 minutes of sweet talk and candy to get him to come even remotely close to her...

Me and my Tyler. A good picture of his new, big boy haircut.

Carter and his Great Uncle Mark. Carter just adores him.

Me and Carter with sick Uncle Matt. Gotta say, Matt's a true buckeye. Even the the flu and pneumonia couldn't keep him away. He made it to the tailgate AND the game.

Aunt Beth with the megaphone...look out!!!

Me and my main man.

Me and my cousins, Laura and Nicole who both live in Denver now. AND, Laura was proposed to in front of the Horseshoe on Thursday night that week. YAY, Brandon! Welcome to our crazy family! We love ya! Congrats you crazy kids!

Beautiful.

Watching the traffic (or lack thereof) with Grandma Sue before breakfast. They LOVED these low windows. Again, a great shot of their new haircuts.

So, there were so many people there last weekend who made our mini vacation wonderful and didn't make it in any pictures. I was a bad picture-taker. I was more focused on making wonderful memories for the boys and the whole family had a part in that. So thanks to everyone for their help with the boys: for playing with them, holding them, dressing them and feeding them candy! =) We love our family and we're so lucky to have you all in our lives!

2 comments:
OMG I totally need to get out more! You guys are so brave and making such awesome memories with your boys! Glad you had a great trip and I'm SOOOOO freakin jealous you got to go to tailgate AND go to the game!
Kinda can't blame the kid for peeing himself while playing at a water table... ;)
Post a Comment