My baby boys have beautiful, red hair...but it was getting out of control. I was set on getting them both haircuts before the holidays so they wouldn't look like little homeless children. So I made the appointments and never looked back. Until all their precious, adorable, thin baby hair was GONE. GONE!!!
Agh. What have I done!?!? I got in the car afterwards. Carl called. I cried and said I totally regretted my decision. (You'd think I'd have done something life-altering and terrible by the way I was talking.) Carl knew I was serious and didn't make any jokes. (God, I love him!) Maybe I'm sad because it makes them look like little boys and not babies. I don't know. I HAVE, though, gained some perspective. I mean, seriously! So many children out there are dealing with REAL issues, health issues, behavioral issues, etc. It's just hair. It will grow.
Here's the before. Enjoy it while you can. After pictures will be posted later (simply because I don't have any yet. I was too traumatized after the cuts to take pictures.)

2 comments:
Hmmmm, something you don't have to deal with with girls until much later! I would have been traumatized as well... You're not crazy! But yes, thinking of kids with lukemia would certainly put things in perspective...
I'll call you bawling when Emerson is 4 and she gets her first hair cut... Love you! Can't wait to see the after pics!
PS How did you do with Carter's first cut?????
My sons name is carter too :)
I’m new here to your blog and wanted to “pop” in to say hi! : ) I am now off to start reading your beautiful blog!
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila
Post a Comment