Carter loves "sharing" his things with Tristan and Tyler. Below, he is sharing his orange juice...and Tristan loved it! (Well, you know, the two drops he sucked off the spout of the cup!) I frequently have to tell Carter that although it's nice to share, the babies are too little to enjoy his juice, wheat thins, apple slices, grapes and large toys that could knock them out if Carter were to accidentally hit them over the head with them...) I'm not sure that Carter understands quite yet, but I try!

Carter being the BIG brother and
representin' the Buckeyes!!!

Um, no...we also do not sit on our brothers. That's not very nice.
Tristan's confused.

Okay, this is more like it!

Daddy showing the babies how to rock out with Guitar Hero...

Don't forget that Mommy can ROCK, too! (Yes, the swing that Tristan is in is, in fact, pink...we can't afford to go out and buy tons of swings so we borrowed this one from our friend Macy-thanks!)

Carter lounging at the River House (with Kendall.)

The kiddos "helping" Grandpa drive the boat...Mallory, Kendall and Carter.

This past weekend, my dad's four sisters (Barbie, Bonnie, Beth and Ruth) came out to visit and help with the babies, along with my cousin Lisa and her son A.J. (The
Sauer Family link in 'Our Friends') A.J. is just 18 days younger than Carter so they had a great time playing together. And here they are in the tub...it's only fitting because there are tons of pictures of me and Lisa in the tub when we were little. Crazy that OUR kids are in the same
embarassing photos now!)

Aunt Bonnie swimming with Carter...Aunt Barbie is in the background. Carter loved the pool and jumped in off the side-no fear!

Aunt Bonnie, Aunt Barbie, Carter, Lisa and A.J. Of course, the boys loved playing on the dangerous steps the best...dangerous things are always the most fun!!!


Carter saying, "CHEESE!" I love this little face!

Playing outside...A.J. loved Carter's John Deere tractor and they were pretty good about sharing it all weekend. Carter tries to say "John Deere" now...it's pretty adorable!

Do you think we could get the boys to look at the camera...of course not!!!

Carter riding his John Deere tractor with his John Deere shirt on. Really, he should be in their ads...he's a huge fan!

Aunt Beth let the boys decorate the football cookies for game day. Let's just say that Carter loved "testing" the icing before putting it on the cookie!

Tyler is ready to watch the Buckeyes beat those Badgers...
yay!!!

Posing with Mommy in our matching jerseys...thanks to Uncle Matt! And the hat is from Nanny
Janny!

Me and Aunt Ruth doing "The Pose" I taught her. It's the camera-slimming pose I use in pictures...arm on hip so the arm fat doesn't get
smooshed down and look gross, body angled to the side to look less wide and one leg in front to slenderize the legs. She pretty much nailed it...way to go Aunt Ruth!

Carl and Aunt Beth playing
cornhole. Also, we were listening to the Buckeye Mix from Uncle Mark...game day was perfect!!!

Aunt Bonnie with Tyler, Lisa relaxing, and Aunt Barbie reading the all important US Weekly trashy magazine...I'm sure all her
librarian friends would be proud!

Aunt Beth and me with our number one fingers because we were the corhole champs of the day!

Carter is a man torn...Hawkeye t-shirt but with the buckeye necklace on!

The best damn buckeye fans in the land on game day! Aunt Ruth holding Kirby the cat, me and Carter, Aunt Beth with Tyler, Lisa, A.J., Aunt Bonnie (doing "The Pose" nice one!) and Aunt Barbie with Tristan. (Carl took the picture because he was wearing Hawkeye gear.)

My family. I love us! (I wish you could see Carter's face in this one, but, oh well!)

Carter "playing" with his brothers after everyone left...he was pretty bored on Sunday with no one around.

It was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time...thank you is not enough, but there are no other words. I LOVED having you all here and hope that we can do this one weekend every summer! XOXOXO!
6 comments:
It's hard to pick a favorite part of this blog...I LOVED IT ALL!!!
Miss you guys like crazy! Let's plan another lazy Sunday hanging out with all the boys!
Miss ya...love ya...mean it!
~robyn~
Great post, nice and long! Carter looks just like you in the cheese pic. Love it!
Wish I could have joined you all this weekend it looks like you had a wonderful time!!
The boys are absolutely adorable.
Love and miss you tons!
Nik
Go Buckeyes!!!
Does Carters sunglasses have a strap on them, almost like swim goggles?
Fun weekend, wish I could have been there!
We love the pics and I know its all about the boys and your family (whom we love and miss), but for the love of god, put a shirt on your husband!
There needs to be a warning on that pic!
Mandsager
Katie - you are my hero. Not sure how you already got this post done! We had a fabulous weekend and we absolutely have to make this a yearly tradition so our boys can get to know one another!
Love you!
Lisa
Post a Comment