Last night when we got home from Grandma Kay's, I took the babies in the house and let Carter play in the garage while I got them settled. I left the door open so I could hear him. Well, after the babies were surrounded with toys and the tv was turned on (yes, I use it as a babysitter while I get dinner ready...don't judge) I went to the door and asked Carter to come in so I could start on dinner. He told me, "no." So, I said, "Okay. Bye." And I shut the door. (He HATES being left alone so I knew this trick would get him in the house.)
So, I walked into the kitchen to begin dinner and I heard him S.T.O.M.P. up the stairs to the door. He flung the door open, marched into the kitchen and with one hand on his hip, he stearnly looked me in the eye and scolded me saying, "Mommy Matthew, NO SHUT DOOR."
Get it???
When he's in trouble, I say, "Carter Matthew...(insert thing he's doing wrong here.)"
HILARIOUS!!!
4 comments:
Oh my gosh. That is hysterical. I can't wait to have stories like that!!! Seeing all these pics makes me SO EXCITED for the 4th! I can't wait- great pictures!!!
I laughed so hard- out loud- so funny Katie!!!!!!! Love you- we'll talk soon about the 4th- I am 95% sure we are coming- all the house stuff may throw a wrench in things (and cash flow...)
Great, now my name is associated with him being in trouble.
Also, I am buying Carter new sunglasses, those look like they should be worn by a cross dressing old lady.
That is by far the best Carter story to date! So funny!
Post a Comment