Friday, June 20, 2008

Twins Update

Saw my doctor Wednesday and today...not for medical reasons, but because their people messed up my appointment scheduling. Anyhoo, Wednesday I got to see the boys again on an ultrasound, but it was a short one just to measure the amount of fluid in each of their sacs. The fluid looked perfect and the coolest part was that we saw hair on both of their little heads-AWESOME! What if they come out all furry-that will be so odd since Carter still has just a smidge of hair. At today's appointment, I had another NST and the boys moved great and their hearts looked good, too. I've gained 17 lbs total now. My next appointment is next Friday and then the Monday after that I have my last (hopefully) Level II ultrasound where they measure fluid levels, check the babies' growth and look at all the important organs, the placenta, the cords, etc. We'll know a lot more about delivery after these two appointments. My doctor's don't really want me to carry past 36 or 37 weeks, so we may start talking about inducement at that point...BUT, I don't want to induce if I'm starting at 1 cm and 0% effaced...I'd probably be in labor for 48 hours-UGH! Okay, I get ahead of myself. We'll cross that bridge when/if we come to it. Otherwise, I feel fabulous AND my chiropractor is going to use me as a case study to submit to a journal (you know, an important chiropractor publication). I'm such a model patient! Yay for me and my boys!

I promise I'll take some picture of the boys' room this weekend to post, many of you have been asking to see it!

1 comment:

Matt Mac said...

You said you saw their sacs. Ha ha.