Friday, May 23, 2008

Two more doc appointments

Well, I've been to two doc appointments since I last updates, but no real news. (No news is good news, though!) My doc did check my cervix last week just to be sure that nothing was going on and nothing was-hooray! As of last Friday, I had gained 12.5 lbs, but today I had lost .5...so I've officially gained 12 lbs so far. Doc isn't worried, though, because the babies are measuring average and above average and they're very active.
Today, I had my first non-stress test. This is where they hook me up to a machine and they monitor each of the babies heart beats and my contractions. Well, there were no contractions to monitor (good!) and the babies were active and their hearts looked healthy. In fact, they were so active and cooperative that I only had to stay on the monitors for 30 minutes instead of the hour that they blocked off for me.
I'm measuring at 33 1/2 weeks, so that's only 3 weeks ahead of were I'm actually at so maybe I will carry these guys for quite a while longer. Last week, Dr. Martin told me that if I made it to 34 weeks, she'd be happy and if I made 36 weeks she'd be really happy. So, maybe if I make it to 38 weeks, she'll dance a little doctor jig...who knows!
But I digress...everything looks great...next NST and appointment is next Friday with an ultrasound the following Wednesday.

No comments: