Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Weekend in Des Moines

Below are pictures from our short, but awesome stay in Des Moines two weekends ago. Carter got to swim, go to lots of fun restaurants, pick out toys at Target and of course, see Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Matt...plus some of our college buddies, Pete Bell and the Barwick's.

Here are Grandpa and Carter hanging out in the big pool. I'm not sure what Carter's doing in the first picture, but I think he's trying to turn himself around so he can play with Grandpa's face.


Cuddling with Grandma after a tiring 15 minutes, total, in the pools. (Uncle Matt, you look so cool in this picture! You complain about not having a girl, but I think if you showed any girl THIS picture of you, there's no way she could turn you down!)
Playing in the bubby part of the kiddie pool.
So really Carter's favorite thing about the pool was that it was super-shallow so he could climb out and climb back in all by himself...over and over and over and over...seriously, I think he did it over 20 times!
Daddy was tons of fun in the kiddie pool. They splashed and splashed together while the rest of us cheered.
I had to post this picture because Carter's playing with his favorite toy of the weekend in it. Grandpa Ken took him to the Dollar Spot at Target and let him pick out a new toy. This is what Carter picked and he loved it. (Yes, it's a dish scrubber!) The funniest thing about this is that we were at a Super Bowl party at one of our friends' houses on Sunday and I was holding Carter in the kitchen while making him a bottle. All the sudden he shrieked, pointed to the sink and said "ooooooo." They had a dish scrubber in their sink and he wanted to play with it. Sadly, their dish scrubber had soap in it so I had to explain to Carter that we couldn't play with their scrubber, only with our special one. He didn't seem to understand me so I had to distract him with another toy. At least he's still young enough that the distraction technique works really well.

Here's Carter at Champp's eating a waffle fry. Yummy! (I think he's wondering why he never eats this great food when he's at home.)

In this picture, Carter had just puked on himself, but we HAD to get a picture for the blog because Lindsay is one of his biggest fans. So here he is with Uncle Matt, Lindsay Barwick, Aron Barwick (Barn) and Daddy.
Thanks for meeting us out Barwick's. Wish we saw you guys more...we miss you!
All in all, it was a great weekend and because it was so short, we didn't drive each other completely crazy even though we were stuffed in adjoining hotel rooms. Next time we'll be together...Carter's 1st birthday which is just 3 1/2 weeks away! I can't believe it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, how can girls resist me? OK, maybe because that's what I look like...

Anonymous said...

Yayy!! we made the blog...so exciting! Hope all is well in the east. Give us a ring next time you make it back to Des Moines.

The Barwick's