Thursday, February 28, 2008

1st Haircut/Kirby Cat/Sleepy Baby/Big Boy in Bumbo

Since Carter will be hosting a fabulous party on Saturday to honor his first year of life, I thought we should get rid of his baby mullet and give him a big boy haircut. He thought it was great and enjoyed watching Dora (and dancing) while his stylist cut about 20 hairs off. Of course I'm a sucker of a Mom and bought the 1st Haircut package which included a certificate with a little bag of his hairs attached and a picture of him after the cut. $20! WHAT!?!? Whatever. You only get your haircut for the first time once, right?
"Uh, Mommy, Kirby's in my seat!" I think Carter was very confused to find Kirby here the other day. He just stood there with his hand on the chair staring at Kirby. He must have decided that is was all okay, because right after I took the picture, he was on to other, more important, things.
A couple of nights ago, Carter was soooooo tired that I layed him down to change his diaper and he just laid there dead asleep. The tv was on full-blast and Carl and I were both on our cell phones, but Carter was content just sleeping in the middle of the living room floor until evil mom changed his diaper and took him up to bed. He was NOT happy having his sleep interrupted for a diaper change!
I pulled out the Bumbo last night to see if Carter would like sitting in it. He did...for all of 20 seconds. Then, he quickly became annoyed when he couldn't figure out how to get out of it. Cute picture, though, huh?

No comments: