In the first couple of pictures, Carter is "playing" with Kirby. You can see the excitement on Carter's face and the disgust on Kirby's.
Carter really wants to figure out how to get over that pesky gate so he can climb the stairs. He asked Kirby to give him a boost and since Kirby is a very faithful cat, he layed just so Carter could get a foot up on him. Unfortunately, Carter couldn't get his footing solid on Kirby's slippery fur and the mission was a bust. Bummer!
Not only does Carter walk around all our furniture, he's also walking against the walls now. He can stand on his own for quite a while (10 seconds or longer) and has taken one step, but immediately falls, so Carl and I aren't counting this as really taking steps, yet. It will be no time at all, though.
He's really good at playing by himself and loves his garage...he puts EVERYTHING down the swirly road and down the elevator shaft. I think he likes to hear the crash at the bottom.
Carter's doing a lot of new things that I just can't seem to get pictures or video of. He'll hold his cell phone up to his ear and say "Ah." I think he's trying to say "hi" but it doesn't quite come out that way. He makes engine noises when he plays with his cars and trains...adorable! He also makes lots of crazy, fun sounds using his tongue and lips (too hard to explain in writing.) Also, he's pointing at things, so when he points, I tell him what he's pointing at. His favorite things to point at include Mommy, Daddy, Kirby, TV and toys.
He does sleep through the night every night now (he goes to bed between 7:30 and 8), he just likes to get up between 5:30 and 6:15 every morning. Because of this, I tend to fall asleep on the couch every night between 8:30 and 9. It's pretty exhausting having a 10 month old and being pregnant and this is just the beginning. AGH!
Next Wednesday, we get to go hear the heartbeat...I'm really excited for that. And by then, my nausea and headaches should be going away so hopefully I'll be feeling much better in the next couple of weeks.
2 comments:
I also have no pants Sunday's and step on my cat.
I love the one of Carter stepping on kirby- too cute!! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment