Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sleep Training...Night Two

I’m feeling better and better about this as we go along…last night, we put Carter down at 7:35 p.m. and he cried for 40 minutes before going to sleep. That’s 15 minutes less than the night before. Then, he slept all the way to 2 a.m. (for those of you not so good at math, that’s 6 ½ hours…pretty good for my little man!) The night before he woke at 12:20 a.m. And although he was up for a full hour in the middle of the night (same as last night) I still think we made progress. He got up for the day at 6:45 a.m. and I game him a little extra snuggle time since he’s going through such tough times…well, tough times for a baby.
Daytime naps are going okay also. This morning, Carl said he only cried for 5 or 10 minutes before going down and took an 1 ½ nap. This afternoon was a different story, but in the middle of it all, he bonked his mouth on the side of his crib and was bleeding a bit, so there was a little trauma there. He did end up going to sleep, though, so it’s all good.

BTW, sorry if these posts bore you, but I thought they could be helpful to some of the other Mommies I know that read this blog…so I’m writing about everything. I’ll try to take some pictures tonight for all you Carter fans who just want to see some pictures…

3 comments:

Jeff and Brenna Morgan said...

Way to get tuff! It feels awful at first to let your baby cry, but really that's the only way the figure it out. Honestly, you could leave him for up to 45 minutes w/out going in (atleast where he can see you). The more cold turkey you go, the quicker he'll figure it out. You'll all be much happier with a full nights sleep. Just wait, he'll be sleeping 12 hours stright in no time (7-7 is great for us). Jeff and I are pretty religious about sleep habits, but its paid off big time. I recommend "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Dr Wiessbluth. Its a life saver! It will get you all the way through scheduled naps & toddlerhood.

Be glad you started now & not when he's 2, imagine how much more stamina an older kid would have!

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Way to go KT- these aren't boring ... I love em'! - Amber

Anonymous said...

These are very educational posts for the some-day-mommies as well! Hang in there! :)

KTZ