Friday, September 21, 2007

Kansas City/Ozarks Mini Vaca

Last weekend, we took a mini vacation to Kansas City and then to Lake of the Ozarks for the Crownline dealer meeting. While in KC, Carter got to meet TONS of new friends! Of course, he enjoyed hanging out with his oldest friends, too.

Here's Carter with Carrie Wood (Grice), Baby Wood (inside her belly) and Will Grice (Jon and Amber's little man). Will's a pretty busy guy and I'm thinking Carter will be the same in just a few months.
Here's Carter with the Fish (Nicole Fisher). We got to eat breakfast with her on Saturday morning and we had a great time chatting over eggs and coffee, well, formula for Carter. Here's Carter with brand new Mommy, Stacy Bullcoming (Reiff). We couldn't believe that Stacy and Jeremy brought 10-day-old, Audrey over to visit with us but we're sure glad that they did. Carter was really happy to add another girlfriend to his already extensive list!
Here's Carl holding baby Audrey. She was a perfect little angel all swaddled up tight!
Carter finally got to meet Amber Frisbie. She's one of his blog junkies and has been waiting and waiting to meet him. I think Carter liked her...she's pretty hot!
On Sunday, we went to visit the Temple. Carl and Carter had never been there, so we stopped by in the morning before heading to P.F. Chang's for lunch. Carter really liked the etched glass entryway. He's really into different textures these days. Here's Daddy and Carter in front of the entryway to Worshiper's Path. I love the granite walls and the cross made of wood (in the left background).
Carter really liked playing in the fountain. It doesn't look like there's water moving over the granite, but there's just a tiny bit so I think the wetness was a surprise to him.
Okay, my parents have the most patient cat in the entire world. Carter really wanted to "pet" the cat, but his "pets" were more like "grab and pulls" and I'm sure Booter wasn't enjoying himself but he tolerated it.
Oh, and maybe a kiss, too!
Here's Grandpa Ken showing Carter how to actually pet the cat.
Carter with my cousin Christine.

And now we're on to Lake of the Ozarks pictures. Carter didn't love sleeping in his pack and play, so we let him nap on the bed a couple of times. I just had to post this because it's too cute.
Here we are with Crystal from Crownline Boats. She's been friends with Carter since he was in my belly and she and Kathy (another Crownline employee) were soooo excited to meet Carter in person.
Carter and I went under the waterfall at the pool. (Carl made me take him.) I'm glad I did because Carter loved it. He was screaming and waving his hands the whole time!
Daddy and Carter next to the waterfall.
Carter swimming for the very first time! He loved it!

My beautiful boys!
Getting ready to leave the Ozarks...bummer! We had a great time.





2 comments:

stacy, jeremy, audrey and hadleigh bullcoming said...

It was so great to see you all and finally meet Carter- what a cutie!! Looks like you had a lot of fun in the Ozarks- I love the pictures in the pool. I am sure he'll be wake boarding by this summer. :)

Anonymous said...

He already is better than me at wakeboarding, and he has waaaay more girlfriends. I need to get some pointers from him.