Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Doc Appointment at 36 1/2 Weeks

Carl and I braved the blizzard this morning to go to the doctor's office at 8:15. (Okay, so it wasn't a blizzard, really, but it's snowing like crazy here.) Anyhoo, I had my Group B Strep test (not a big deal at all) and I should find out the results next week. If the test does come back positive, it's not a huge deal...I'll just need an IV of antibiotics the whole time I'm in labor.

Now that I'm beyond 36 weeks preggo, I will go to the doctor every week until I deliver. (We're really gettin' close now!!!) I asked the doctor when they would start checking my cervix weekly and he said they don't, typically, until week 39. So, that kind of bursted my bubble there...

Carl and I are going to pack our bags this week. We've already started making a mental list of games to take to pass the time, our birth plan, relaxing music, my own pillows, tons of warm socks for me and snacks for Carl. I realize we won't use half the crap that we take, but I figure it's better to be safe than sorry, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Any more classes you and Carl have to take or are you done with those?
Are you all finished with the room? I'd love to see an updated pic of the nursery...
Love the computer, by the way. Welcome to 2007!!!

Anonymous said...

That was Carrie's post by the way...