When the poo hit the fan last week, Grandma Sue came to the rescue! She drove up Tuesday morning and stayed until Friday. It was a lifesaver!!! Thanks, again, Mom. You are the BEST!
Anyhoo, the boys clung to her and wanted her to constantly entertain them. See below. For some reason, HER iPhone is more fun then MY iPhone. (Or maybe she's just more patient!) I wanted to be sure to document Tristan's cast, so most of these pictures aren't anything great, although, I really love the first one. Tristan is having a blast (and wearing my headband.) He loves that headband. When I wear it, he pushes my head down so he can pull it off and put it on himself...and when I'm not wearing it, he looks for it on my head and asks me where it is. Seriously, he LOVES it!

Tyler is my moms best buddy. He's almost obsessed with her when she visits. He wants nothing to do with me and everything to do with her. They read together, cuddle together...they do it all. In fact, my mom left Friday morning and when I came home from work Friday, Tyler asked where she was 5 times. On Saturday morning, he stood by the basement door asking where she was and asked again around lunch, dinner and before bed. He even asked about her a couple of times on Sunday. It's really cute how they've bonded...

They love that the iPhone is a "touch" phone. And they really get a kick out of touching the screen with different body parts. Here, Tyler is changing the image on the phone with his nose. Also, they are really good at taking turns (probably because they don't know any other way) but they're really good about it with games on the phone.

Tristan's sweet face!

A good shot of the cast.

We'd prop it up when he ate so the weight wouldn't bother him.

He forgot it was there by the 8th or 9th day. See? Back to his gymnastics (and a REALLY full diaper. Sorry.)

Cute little piggies. Does anyone else's kids have really dry toes/toenails? Both the twins look funny like this...

The picture below makes me smile every time I look at it. I was trying to take an artsy picture of his cast, but he figured me out, leaned down and yelled, "CHEESE!" So cute! He's just like me and loves getting his picture taken.

Another good one of the cast (matching his shirt). Again, sorry about the full diaper.

While it was a crazy 10 days with the cast on, we're so thankful that his leg was NOT broken when we had the second set of xrays taken!!! He's completely back to normal now...running, jumping, climbing...great! Thanks for all the well-wishes and words of encouragement. Everything seems to have worked out, for now. No breaks/cast for Tristan. PLUS, the surgeon told me I could hold off on gallbladder surgery. So, even though I'm having frequent attacks, since they are bearable, I can wait. Since I'm sort of a hippie, no surgery makes me happy! Yipee!

1 comment:
So glad Tristan's leg is better! About the toenails, I just had a discussion about this with another friend to ask about her daughter's weird toenails. Same thing. I guess they will grow out of it or it's pedicures for life:)!
Post a Comment