Story behind these first two pictures (not taken in Kansas City.) The whole reason we went to KC last weekend was for Carter to go to his first Royals game and run the bases afterwards. Can you even believe a major league team allows thousands of people on their precious field to run the bases after every Sunday game!?! It's crazy-awesome! Anyhoo, Carl came up with a brilliant idea to take Carter to the baseball field near our house to have Carter "practice" running the bases so he wouldn't be freaked out when we were at the K. So, the first two pictures here are from Carter's practice run. Grandpa Carl and Daddy took him after dinner and he came home and told me that he ran around them 4 times and fell, too. Okay. I love stories from two-year-olds. Just the facts, I tell ya! See how he did running the bases at the K later in this post!
My BFF from 8th grade on, Leah, came to visit us with her precious little Grayson. He's a cutie-duh! And, yep, you guessed it...Carter's actually completely naked in this picture but I cropped out the boy parts. He's just not a fan of clothes. I mean he keeps them on once their on, but it's a battle to go from naked to clothed.
Baby Gray. Love his eyes!!!
So after Leah and Gray left, we headed to Master Wok for lunch (YUMMY! and also, cheap!) and then to Deanna Rose Farmstead. We always have a blast there and again, it's free! On with the cuteness-
Daddy and Tyler.
Grandma Sue and Tristan.
Daddy helping a twin feed a goat (descriptive, I know.)
Tyler petting a goat. The boys all LOVED the petting area!!!
I mean, really, look at the excitement on their faces. Tristan is beating the poor animal, but I'm guessing Animal is used to it. He doesn't seem fazed.
Carter with his newest BFF.
Tristan as a flower.
Carter as a butterfly. (He actually forced me to take his picture in EVERY SINGLE face cut-out thingy, but I'm sparing you and only posting one. You're welcome.)
Mommy with the boys.
Tyler inspecting something (and I'm sure putting it in his mouth when I wasn't looking.)
Tyler showing me something cool. I remember, he DID put this in his mouth immediately after I snapped this picture. Yum, mulch and rocks.
Grandma Sue and Tyler. I freakin' love the expression on his face. It's like he's saying sarcastically, "Yep, another picture with Grandma. I'm SOOO excited!"
Tyler coming down the slide.
Carter on one of the ghetto tractors that broke every 10 ft.
Tristan thinking about feeding this baby goat...
Oh, he's loving it!
Carter feeding another baby goat.
Daddy helping...Carter just wasn't sure about the whole thing.
Of course after we left to go to our van, Carter announced that he had to pee. So Carl did what all good dad's do...walked him over to the trees (on the totally public road), pulled his pants down and told him to go there. Carter was so excited about it.
Some friends stopped by on Saturday night to say hello...from left to right...Elijah Zimmerman, Will and Griffin Grice, Carter, Emerson Wood and Tristan and Tyler. So cute!!!
Drum roll, please. And here are the pictures from the Royals game!!! Let me start by letting you know that going to a Royals game at the new K is SOOOO much more than a lame (sorry, Ryan Wood) baseball game. They have a carousel, mini golf, batting practice, base runs and other awesome things. Not to mention an entire store of over-priced Royals kid stuff. So, we only spent about 30 minutes of the game in our actual seats...the rest was spent doing the fun stuff!
Hiding from the paparazzi. Nicole Fisher was there with us and became the official photographer of the day. Thanks, Fish!
Being adorable...he does it well.
Matt with our sweet sign. It was a group effort. Matt said we needed the sign. Carl came up with the awesome saying and I (former Crescent of Solah Hall) made the sign with my own two hands. Sorry about the lack of glitter and other fun accessories, I was running short on time, plus I'm pretty sure Matt and Carl would have nixed that idea all together. Fun-haters.
Cheering on the Royals!
Carter with his $10 (WHAT!?!?) foam finger. Gotta say, though, he loves it...still.
Watchin' the game. Big hat. Eatin' chicken. (that sandwich was $9 and we went to 4 food vendors to find it.) What can I say, it was Carter's day and Carter wanted some chicken!
Oh and we also bought him a Royals jersey. Man, we got caught up in the hype...big-time!!!
Carter and Uncle Matt waiting in the ginormous line to run the bases. And we were even in the VIP line because Carter's in the Blue Crew.
Us in front of the stadium. It's beautiful! Love that foam finger!
Carter walking down onto the field level to run those bases.
Making our way onto the field.
The family! (Special thanks to the Fish again for taking all the pics...and super-special thanks to my Mom and Granny for staying home with the twins so we could have a Carter-day!)
Just before we were ready to run Carter sat down and announced, "Mommy...rock in shoe!" Well, no one could run around the bases successfully with rocks in their shoes...so, we shook those rocks out and were ready to rock!
Running with Mommy. He did NOT want to run it alone.
I almost got kicked out of the fun run for this picture (apparently, you're not supposed to cut across the infield grass to quickly get from second base to third to snap a super-cute photo of your son), but worth it. I love this picture. (Side note: I think Matt was slightly more excited about this day than Carter...but only slightly-they both had a great time!)
Thanks for the fun, everyone in Kansas City and the Royals organization! We had a blast. Can't wait for Christmas!

7 comments:
AWESOME post & pics Katie!! I LOVE the one of Tristan as a flower! And they put the rocks in thier mouths but didn't try to drink the baby bottles while feeding the goats??? Looks like a FAB time was had by all!!
Great pictures! Your family is so beautiful!
I love the picture of all of the little ones on the couch. Poor Emerson's the only little girl! :o)
Look's like a good time was had by all at the game. No comment on the farm...
My favs are of the twins patting the goat, Carter with the black goat and me holding Tristan and pointing at something. They are all fun pics!!! We have a great fam! Grandma Sue
I love it that Gray and I made the Hoyt family blog! Great time seeing you guys-and we're looking forward to Christmas time!
'Daddy helping a twin feed a goat.' For some reason, this sentence deeply amused me. I love it.
Katie, you look great!! I love the photo of you holding Carter naked. :) And the twins really look like Carter in some of the photos.
Post a Comment