Carter's been in his big boy (toddler) bed for about a week now...he loves it and is doing great in it. Nighttime isn't an issue at all...naptime is a little bit, but we've noticed that if we just ignore him, he gets back in bed and goes to sleep within 10 mintues of putting him down. (And we do have a bumper (rail) for the open side, it's just not pictured...don't worry!) His favorite thing to do in his big bed is jump on it!
Funny random story: I went in to get Carter a couple of mornings ago and he had thrown up in his bed in the middle of the night. Now, he's done this once before so I wasn't freaked out by it this time. I guess he just throws up and goes right back to sleep??? Yuck. Anyhoo, at first I did't know if the nasty brown stuff was barf or poop, so I asked him. Carter said, "poop." But, then again, he doesn't even know what barf is, so of course he's going to tell me it's poop. So I asked him if it came out of his mouth or his bottom and he said, "Mouth. Poop. Mouth." So I asked him, "Carter, did you poop out of your mouth?" and he said, pathetically, "Yes." Adorable. Poop out of his mouth. Kids crack me up!


A couple of Sunday's ago, we got to hang out with the Ducey family! We had a great night and here are the boys right before the party ended. Who'd have thought that Stef and me would be living so close to each other in the Quad Cities and that our boys would be so close in age? And all boys? We're so lucky to have them here, even if we don't see them enough! (Nolan is the younger little man (or tank, I should say) and Collin is the big brother!) Oh, and Stef, I'm beating you 3 to 2 so you and Mike better start thinking about that third boy...

Carter giving Tyler some love. He really does love his little brothers-he's always trying to steal kisses and hugs from them!
Tyler's first cereal experience. We haven't tried any since this time...I don't think they're ready yet...


Tristan's first cereal experience...he, too, wasn't ready yet...

Thanks for helping (shaking the baby chair), Carter!

Cute story to go with this pic: Carter grouped all his "friends" like this the other day and then stood back and said, "Cheese. Mama, Cheese!" I asked him, "Carter did you want to take their picture?" "Yes," he said. So I asked, "Should we take it with Mommy's camera or your (a.k.a. fake) camera?" He said, "Mama's." SO, I got my camera out and snapped this picture. I asked him what he would do with the picture once we had it...we decided it would go in his room. So my plan is to get it developed and put it in a little frame in his room. Duh, a picture of his friends in his room! Oh, and excuse the princess, please. I'm not sure how she made it into our boy-zoned house...

Me and my boys (Carter, Tyler, Tristan) a couple of nights ago. The chances of getting a pictures this good of all of them is, like, one in a million. Too bad I look like crap...what's new?

Apparently, Tyler was just exhausted the other night because he fell asleep playing on the floor.

Tristan on his way up to bed last night. I love this guy!

So I went out for drinks last night after work with come super-cool co-workers...bad mom? Heck no! Just tryin' to stay sane, folks!
Have a fab Thanksgiving, everyone! Remember, I'm thankful for all of you-your friendship, love and support! XOXOXO!
5 comments:
Yum...a beer looks so good! Hope you guys had a good turkey day!
Your boys are cute as always! I was wondering if you minded if I set up a link from my blog to your blog? Just let me know, either here or on my blog, amyandadam.blogspot.com!
Thanks!
Amy Wiltse-Tourtillott
LOVE Carter's room!
HI Katie! SO GLAD to see you got out to have some fun. Your boys are so cute as always and thank you for sharing your photos and stories. I love knowing someone else's life is as chaotic (and fun) as mine!
Take care!!!
Your pal and neighbor,
Shannon J.
Got our Family Focus...LOVE Carter's pic!!! But no T & T :( I'll save mine for you if you need an extra. :) Shannon J.
Post a Comment