Monday, June 09, 2008

Family Weekend on the River!

Well, this weekend was awesome!!! It started out with just my Uncle Mark and his family coming for a quick visit before the twins arrive, but snowballed into more and more people and I couldn't be happier about it. I really needed a "fam fix" before my life is turned upside-down (in a good way) for the next year, at least. Since some of my Ohio family came out, my mom and dad also decided to come up to see everyone and my Dad (yes, Dad) organized a surprise baby shower! It was awesome...the twins got some great stuff and Carter made out pretty well, too. Here's a picture of my chocolate and blue cake (same colors as the new nursery!)
Captain Carl, Blair, and Emma. (Emma is my youngest cousin and Blair is her BFF. Blair totally fits right in to the family.) The girls called Carl "Captain" all weekend because he was the captain of the boats and gave them permission to get on, get off and instruct them on all the important safety stuff. It was adorable!
Emma, Aunt Beth, Blair and me (and the boys). Blair was fascinated with my pregnancy all weekend...she learned quite a bit about the subject! I'm not sure what her parents are going to think when she goes back and tells them about my babies swimming in their bags of water and my placenta that gives them nutrition through their umbilical cords. Hmmmmm.
CORNHOLE! Nothing is better than cornhole in scorching hot/humid weather!
Carl Sr. was a big hit because he gave the kids tractor/wagon rides...and he went FAST!
I'm pretty sure watermelon is Carter's new favorite food! Once we showed him that he could hold on to the piece himself, he dug right in and ate the whole piece!
Evening boat ride with Dad (Ken), Aunt Barbie, Uncle Larry, Mom (Sue), Captain Carl and Aunt Beth.
Carter driving the boat with Grandpa Carl.
Daddy and Carter in the River at Princeton Beach. Carter wasn't too scared or cold.

Aunt Beth, Captain, Carter, Blair, Emma, Aunt Connie, Aunt Barbie.
Here is a rare shot of Aunt Barbie with Carter. He wasn't so into my aunts, just my uncles...but mostly me, Carl, Emma, Blair and the Grandmas and Grandpas. I hope he snaps out of this stage really soon!
Carter and Mommy on the beach.
Playing is the dirty, Iowa sand...but to a kid, sand is sand!
It was a fabulous weekend, full of laughter, hugs, kisses and fun! Thank you all for coming to visit-I know it's not a fun car ride, but I really needed to see my family for a little pick-me-up before the boys arrive! Love you all!

2 comments:

Matt Mac said...

Looks like fun. Is Carter wearing a speedo? How European...

dana said...

Who knew there was so much to do in Davenport! Good luck with these last few weeks! No pressure, but I'd love to see some nursery pics - brown and blue sounds very cute, I mean manly.