Saturday, April 14, 2007

We've got ourselves a good one...

Well, I post a lot of pictures of Carter, but I don't write a lot about how he's developing. So, I thought I'd fill you all in. He's a genius, duh! Seriously, though, he's very alert and will follow just about anything with his eyes. He loves to stare at faces and studies them as you talk to him.

He is such a relaxed baby, only crying when he's hungry and fussing when he's tired, has gas or needs to burp. Since I've been home with him so much, I know the difference between his cries and can usually tell what he needs with each individual cry. (Sometimes he pulls a fast one on me, though!)

Carter is sleeping at night better and better. Last night was his best yet...he went to sleep at 9:30 p.m. and woke at 3:15 a.m. to eat and 6:30 a.m. He was finally up for the day at 9 a.m. He's really starting to be able to tell the difference between daytime naps and nitetime sleep. Even when he's up in the middle of the night, he just eats and goes right back to sleep, so I'm only up for about 25 minutes feeding and changing him. Hooray for sleep!

He smiles a couple of times a day, usually in the morning after he's all rested and at Daddy when he gets home from work. (It's like Carter can tell that Carl's excited to see him and greets him with a smile...just awesome!) He'll just continue to smile more and more, the baby websites tell me, and I can't wait...he just melts my heart with his crooked little smile.

No comments: