Here is a picture of Carter and his girlfriend, Finley. Finley was born the day after Carter to my friend Heather (there was a picture of us posted preggo together in January.)
They went on their first date yesterday to Applebee's. They both ordered mama's milk with a side of formula. (See, they already have some things in common...it's meant to be!)

As a birthdy present to myself, yesterday, I bought this swing for Carter-and he loves it! Best part about it is...it's portable, so we can take it down to Grandma and Grandpa's with us and out to the river house over the summer. Yay!
I promised updated photos of Carter's room, so here are a couple. For the record, I cleaned up for this photo shoot. The room is never this clean...there's always dirty clothes, burp clothes, blankets and booties all over the place. (And sometimes, there's a pillow and blanket that I use when I have to sleep on the floor in there. )
Now, below is a project I worked on last week. Here's the story: I went to a couple of photographer's studios to see how much baby pictures would be. You all know me...I couldn't just take Carter to Target or JC Penney's to get his pictures taken...I had to take him to one of the best photogs in town so his pictures would look like art and not just cheesy studio portraits. Anyhoo, the prices were just a tad too high for me (okay, a lot too high for me) so I studied the photog's work and decided I'd try to do it myself. Of course, they are not as good as the real deal would have been, but I only spent $5 on film, $6.99 to develop it and $11.98 for the frame...so about $24 total. (This same exact thing from the photog's I talked to would have run me around $280. $100 sitting fee and $180 for the framed photos. YIKES!Click on the picture to make it bigger and check it out! What do you all think?
These last two pictures are just some snapshots I took to show you how he's growing...can you tell at all?


3 comments:
I think the pics are amazing! You did a great job and for a bargin price! Love the one of his feet!
Katy
The picture's turned out great. You're so good...what a great idea to do it yourself and save the money.
I love Carter's room! With his name over the crib, it just looks so peaceful and a wonderful place that I am sure that you guys spend a lot of time in.
Kelly
Great idea! The pictures are wonderful! Maybe I should hire you to do our wedding photos!!! If I would have done them myself-they would have looked....let's just say--WAY below wonderful!
-Leah
Post a Comment