Thursday, February 01, 2007

35 Week Doc Appt & Maternity Leave Rant

Everything's looking great, according to my doctor. So far, I've gained 26.2 lbs and this doctor says I'm measuring right on. Baby's heartrate was 148, which is good and I'm feeling great.

My only issue right now is that Palmer (where I work) doesn't want to let me use all my sick time for maternity leave because technically I have to be under "doctor's care" to be able to use sick time. I talked to my doctor today and "doctor's care" is a standard 6 weeks. So, even though I have 8 weeks of sick time saved up, I'm going to end up getting screwed out of two of those weeks that I've saved. What a crock of poop!!! I'm getting punished for thinking ahead (knowing that I wanted to have a baby) and saving all the sick time I possible could over the last three years.

And, on a side note, men get the exact same time (vacation, personal and sick) as women do, but we (women) have to save ours, ration it and then get told we can't use it when we need to for maternity leave. Men can just waste their sick time away when they have a little headache or belly ache. Basically, women, in the workplace, get punished for having kids! Can I get an AMEN, ladies?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much vacation time do you have saved up? Are you just going to take time off and not get paid?
What CRAP!!!

CBGW

Anonymous said...

That is BS! I would throw a fit!
KZ