Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Gestational Diabetes Test

This morning, at 6 a.m., I went to a medical lab here in town to begin my 3 1/2 hour test to see if I have gestational diabetes. I had to fast for 12 hours prior to the first blood draw, so I was already hungry and thirsty by the time I arrived. They took some blood right when I got there, then they timed me as I drank the "orange pop" cocktail again. They took blood three more times, waiting an hour in between each draw. So, at 9:30 a.m. I was free to go. So, by this time, let me tell you, I was STARVING!!! Good thing there was a Checkers right across from the lab AND they opened at 9:30. (I believe it was a sign from God!)
I'll have the results back sometime on Thursday and will keep you posted...cross your fingers!

No comments: